The last 2 weeks have been crazy. School started so we have been trying to get back into the groove with that and I had multiple fall recipes to submit for a cookbook project I am a part of. It didn't leave much time to post any new recipes here *sigh* Luckily things are leveling out and I am back!
I think we all have go-to meals items that we rely on during busy times, things we always have on hand. Around here you will always find tortillas. Flour, corn, whole wheat, store bough, locally made, big, small... you name it, we have them. The kid loves to make cheese crisps, Mr. B will put just about any kind of leftovers in them and they are perfect for making wraps for lunch when I am home alone.
One of our favorite quick meals are quesadillas. You can pretty much put anything in them and they are delicious. Plus I hoard cheese, seriously... but that reveal is for another day. Anyway, last weekend while I was working on fall recipes I experienced the biggest craving for a BLT. Of course there was no bread in the casa and I was too busy (read lazy) to run to the store. Mother invention whispered in my ear and I slowly reached for the tortillas. I am not a big mayo fan so I like to use a tangy dressing on my BLTs instead. I was super happy that it tasted equally delicious on the quesadilla version. Feel free to omit the dressing or use mayo if that floats you boat!
the new Mrs. B ❤️
Prep time~ 10 minutes
Cook Time~ 20 minutes
1 pound bacon
½ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 large garlic clove mashed to a paste
½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
½ teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
8 large flour tortillas
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 large tomato sliced thinly
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook bacon until desired crispness. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Crumble into large pieces.
2. In a small bowl mix together sour cream, mustard, garlic paste, vinegar and sugar. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spread an even amount of dressing on each tortilla. Add an equal amount of cheese and bacon to each tortilla. Fold in half.
4. Heat a separate large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Working in batches, add quesadillas to skillet and cook until golden brown. Flip quesadillas over and cook the other side. Remove from skillet.
5. Carefully open quesadillas, add lettuce and tomato. Close and cut into thirds. Serve immediately.